Question Regarding Complete Access Method in OO Defrag...

Professional / Workstation / Server Edition
Antworten
Zeitgeist

Question Regarding Complete Access Method in OO Defrag...

Beitrag von Zeitgeist » Mi 20. Aug 2014, 01:46

Thank you for allowing me to post. I currently use OO Defrag 15 and 16 Professional versions and like them. I have until recently used the Complete Name sorting method.

However, just to try it, I thought I'd use the Complete Access method. Before doing this, I wanted to ask:

Since Windows Vista and 7 have the last access date turned off by default, if one wants to use the Access method, should one turn on the last access date in the registry so OO Defrag knows the access date for each file? If not, may I ask what date the program uses for Vista and 7 to determine the last access date?

Thanks for a great program!

Brigitte (O&O)

Re: Question Regarding Complete Access Method in OO Defrag..

Beitrag von Brigitte (O&O) » Mi 20. Aug 2014, 09:13

Hello Zeitgeist,

there is no need to change anything in your Windows settings. The "last access date" is always part of a file. Just the Windows Explorer does not show this value by default.
Brigitte (O&O)

Zeitgeist

Beitrag von Zeitgeist » Mi 20. Aug 2014, 15:58

Thank you! I've learned something!

I think I'll try Access and see if it differs much in performance from Name.

Thanks again!

Zeitgeist

Beitrag von Zeitgeist » So 24. Aug 2014, 17:08

Impressive!! While I had a bit of trouble with my O&O Defrag 16 (it would defrag to 10% and stop- no method or even boot defrag would get the system lower) my beloved O&O Defrag 15 not only defragged to 0% using Complete Access, , but C/A cut my boot time by an astounding 16 seconds!!!

Thanks! Zeitgeist. :)

Antworten