Give complete details

Professional / Workstation / Server Edition
Antworten
khari3

Give complete details

Beitrag von khari3 » Di 25. Aug 2015, 10:41

Sir,

The MIR pdf provided as a download,does'nt describe in detail as how to do a Machine independent restoration.So, please provide step by step information on how to do that.

With respect,
hari from india

Brigitte (O&O)

Re: Give complete details

Beitrag von Brigitte (O&O) » Di 25. Aug 2015, 14:05

Hello,

The PDF offers a technical view of M.I.R:

http://www.oo-software.com/en/docs/user ... di_mir.pdf

There are two possibilities to run M.I.R:

- Boot O&O DiskImage on the computer you wish to restore and select “Restoration”. Select the image and the target and click on “Start”. In the overview click on “More options” and select “Adapt to differing hardware afterwards (MIR)”.

- If you have already restored the image, boot O&O DiskImage on the restored computer and click on “Tools” and select “Change Computer Identity”. Under “Change computer properties” you can enable the MIR process. For that you have to select the path to the registry of the “dead” system first, normally C:\Windows.

Be sure that you provide required drivers unzipped on a USB drive for example.

While it is in most instances successful, M.I.R. is no simple matter and there is no 100% guarantee for success. In view of the fact each M.I.R. is really a one of a kind operation, there's no way for us to tell everything what could go wrong. It is absolutely necessary that you read and understand the M.I.R procedure as described in our manual. If you are unsure about the process I strongly recommend to contact a local IT technican.
Brigitte (O&O)

Antworten