DiskImage crashes

Professional / Workstation / Server Edition
Antworten
ManMountain

DiskImage crashes

Beitrag von ManMountain » Fr 8. Jul 2016, 11:31

Using DiskImage 11 build 61, if I image my SSD drive to a HDD drive, the operation completes sucessfully.

Issue 1:

If I want to simply retreive a few files from that image to then restore to my current OS, the product wording states:

"If you only need to restore a single personal file or folder, you can mount the backup as a virtual drive and then using Windows Explorer simply select and copy whatever you want. "

Method 1: If I go into DiskImage/Tools/Mount Drive and select the .OMG file, it mounts without issue and I can browse for the required files. It also dis-mounts correctly within DiskImage. However, if I try to dismount via explorer, it crashes every time.

Method 2: If I attempt to mount the .OMG by right clicking / mount drive or by simply double clicking the .OMG image to mount as virtual drive, I receive a DiskImage crash error window every time.

Issue 2:

After creating an image of a drive, if I want to then convert that .OMG file to .VHD, within DiskImage I would select Tools/Convert image file.

Method 1: I select to convert an .OMG file, click add and browse to the location it is stored, select the desired volumes, change the target image format to .VHD and amend the destination path and select Start. The operation starts then fails, the output log file states:

7/8/2016 Convert image file

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Target: Z:\Conversion20160708.vhd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Results: The operation failed.

Duration: 0 days, 00 hours, 00 minutes, 01 seconds (7/8/2016, 1:42:43 PM - 7/8/2016, 1:42:44 PM)

Summary:

The server threw an exception.

Thoughts?
Zuletzt geändert von ManMountain am Fr 8. Jul 2016, 13:51, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Martin (O&O)
Re: DiskImage crashes

Beitrag von Martin (O&O) » Fr 8. Jul 2016, 12:09

Hello ManMountain,

thank you for your Feedback. I have forwarded your observation to our testing department. If it is possible to reproduce the problem, it will be fixed as soon as possible.

Martin (O&O)

Antworten