No keyboard and mouse in boot disk

Professional / Workstation / Server Edition
Gesperrt
superfantastic

No keyboard and mouse in boot disk

Beitrag von superfantastic » So 28. Aug 2016, 09:24

i am trying to restore an image from diskimage server 9 to a hp ml110 g9 server using a usb keyboard ( no pst sockets on system )
when i boot to the o and diskimage disk i get to the first part licence screen but get no keyboard and mouse so cann ot progress

i have tried making up a 10.5 pro disk from a trial copy and get the same message

i have also tried making the disk with the windows image option and still nothing, if i put the disk in another normal pc i get the keyboard and mouse
from the same disk

any ideas ? help !!!

kevin

:(

Martin (O&O)
Re: No keyboard and mouse in boot disk

Beitrag von Martin (O&O) » Mo 29. Aug 2016, 09:16

Hello,

what's your mouse & keyboard Connection USB 2 or 3? Try another USB slot if possible.

We are booting O&O DiskImage in a Windows PE environment, therefore keyboard & mouse connected with USB will be normally recognized properly. If not, check whether they are connected to USB 3.0 which may cause problems. Using a hub may also cause trouble. Also check whether "Legacy Support Mode" is in enabled in your BIOS settings. Unplug mouse & keyboard and check whether they get recognized if you plugin them again

Maybe a ADK10 based boot CD can recognise your hardware more reliable. You should use a Windows 10 maschine or VM for this:
Please install the Windows ADK10 first, so that it can be used in DiskImage for creation of the boot media. You can download the package directly from Microsoft:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/en-uss ... 13721.aspx

1. Execute "ADKSetup.exe"

2. Click on "Install", and select the target path for the installation of the ADK
features, and click on "Next".

3. Choose the Windows ADK features: The features "Deployment Tools" und "Windows
Preinstallation Environment" are required.

When the installation has finished open O&O DiskImage again, enable the Option "Disable the automatic Setting" and select Windows ADK to use for creating a bootable media.

Martin (O&O)

superfantastic

Beitrag von superfantastic » Mo 29. Aug 2016, 18:01

i have tried another keyboard and mouse and same issue, in both usb 2 and 3 on server
i have also disabled windows usb 3 in bios and it is in legacy mode

i will try the ADK and let you know

if i boot to an acronis tru image 2017 disk it works fine ? but my backup for restore is OO

will get back to you when new boot disk is ready

thank you for your time

superfantastic

Beitrag von superfantastic » Di 30. Aug 2016, 19:36

your advice and link to optional software for making image worked a treat !! my customer is now back up and running

thank you

:)

Martin (O&O)

Beitrag von Martin (O&O) » Mi 31. Aug 2016, 09:37

Hello,

thank you for your feedback!

Martin (O&O)

Gesperrt